Welcome! This page is a high-level introduction to the Togai platform, including what it does and how.
What is Togai?
Togai is an end-to-end metering and billing platform for SaaS businesses.
There are 4 parts to Togai:
- Metering: Events are ingested and aggregated by Togai turning it into usage metrics. Monitor and measure usage of any event, resource and feature of your product by applying complex aggregation functions, in real time to trasnform event data into usage metrics. With enriched events, custom functions and dynamic filters, every metering use case can be handled with just a few clicks.
- Pricing: Create complex pricing plans in Togai using off-the-shelf components like credits, entitlements, license fees, flat fees, tiers, add-ons, and so much more.
- Invoicing and Billing: Auto-generate invoice, customize them, create custom proposals and collect payments using Togai. Togai has tight native integrations with a number of payment gateways like Stripe, Adyen, Paystack etc. This lets you truly offload all things payments and billing to togai.
- Integrations: Connect Togai to your existing tech stack with just a few clicks. Togai has native integrations with 15+ tools and also gives you webhooks to build custom integrations. Stitch your entire revenue tech stack together with Togai by setting up no-code workflows between all your applications. This means no more manual work and seamless, accurate data sync across all your tools. With Togai, you get a single source of truth for all your billing and revenue data.
What does it do?
In its simplest form, Togai consumes your usage data and applies transformation functions to meter this data. Further, it supports configuration of rate cards and price plans to weave in your pricing strategy accurately while generating invoices for the same.
Togai can act as the single source of truth for your monetization needs by using pricing as a lever. This allows you to experiment with multiple pricing strategies to optimize for the value that you deliver.
How does Togai work?
Togai provides a standard structure for the API Calls(in a multitude of languages to allow for flexibility) that helps keep the end-to-end flow consistent. Refer the diagram below for a better understanding of the Togai’s infrastructure.
1. Events Schemas - Imagine the event schema to be your database where you’ll store all the fields you require for pricing. There are two types of fields - Attributes and Dimensions. Attributes are the continuous variables that can store any range of numbered strings and dimensions are the categorical variable which will help you classify or group your entire data. Read more here.
2. Billable Items - Here’s where you define usage meters (aggregation functions/formulae to quantify your attributes), license fees, and add-ons. Read more here.
3. Price Plans - This module allows you to add rate cards tied to your event schema and usage meters. Read more here.
4. Customers - This module enables adding your clients and associating them with price plans. In the event that a client has multiple departments ties with you, you can define each such department as an account within the parent customer.
5. Events - This module shows a real time list of all processed, unprocessed and in-progress events. For more information, read here.
6. Invoices - This module shows the history of invoices for your customers as well as the ongoing billing cycle’s invoice. Read more here.
What are the other parts of Togai platform?
1. Dashboard - provides a visual representation of the events (Usage Analytics and Revenue Analytics). Makes sure that all stakeholders have a pricing and billing details available in a consumable format, instantly.
2. Settings - Global settings allows you to update your profile, add/delete users for your account and generate API Tokens.