You can create alerts in Togai to notify yourself or your customers when they meet a define threshold as per the configured alert value. An alert configuration in Togai has 2 parts
- Creating the alert - this is where you configure the alert itself
- Configuring the channel - you can add one or more communication channels for an alert
Alerts and communication channels
Togai supports the following types of alerts -
- Usage based alert - this is an alert that is triggered when the custome crossed a certain usage value defined in this alert configuration.
- Entitlement alert - this alert is triggered when customer’s entitlement balance drops below the defined theshold
- Credit balance alert - this alert is triggered when the customer’s credit balance drops below a specified low balance threshold.
- Unprocessed event alert - this alert is triggered to notify you when we receive an event that goes into Unprocessed state
- Time interval - this allows you to set the frequency of checking if the alert condition has been met. The minimum interval is 30 minutes with increments of 30 minutes.
- Validity - You can also define a temporary alert that will check only for the duration of this validity period. If left empty, then the alert will be valid forever.
You can configure multiple communication channels to a single alert. For example, if a customer crosses a usage threshold, you can intimate the same to both the customer via email as well as an internal slack channel for your accounts management team. Currently, Togai supports 3 channels - Webhook, Email and Slack