Billable items are value metrics (features, resource usage, seats, and other fees) that you want to charge your customers for.
Billable items need to be created in 2 scenarios:
- If you want to charge your customers for the use of a particular resource/feature, then you should create the corresponding billable item.
- You can also create billable items for resources you want to measure now but monetize later.
There are 3 types of billable items:
- Usage Meters: to define how you want to aggregate usage data
- Add-ons: to set up flat fees, License fees or credits.
- Features: to set up your product features and then create entitlements/ feature usage limits