The Togai and Zuora Integration supports a bidirectional sync between Togai and Zuora. This API guide will walk you through the steps to set up the integration, configure apps and flows, and enable automation for your business processes.
The integration between Zuora and Togai requires only a one-time setup. Follow the steps below:
Installation of App Instances
- Navigate to the Integrations section from the left navigation bar in Togai
- Click on
Appsto access the list of apps with integration support
Zuorafrom the available apps
- Click on the
- App link name: Provide a name for this connection
- Endpoint URL: The zuora endpoint that is required to query to get the data. This link has all the valid zuora endpoints
- Client ID: You’ll need to create an Oauth client to authenticate to the Zuora Rest API. Click here to learn more about how to create this
- Client Secret: Same as the above, once you create the client, you’ll get a client secret as well. click on the above link to do the same.
- Charge ID: This is optional. If you want to sync the credits to Zuora from Togai then credits will be added against this
Repeat the same process for Togai, treating it as a separate App within the integration.
Note: Togai is considered an app in our integration so it is easy for you to configure different keys for different flows. This way you can have specific permissions configured for a specific key, making it more secure. To create a secret key for Togai, go to the
Admin Center on the left nav bar. Click on the
API tokens tab. Then click on the ‘
Generate new token’ button.
Flows and Automation
- To enable flows, go to the ”
Flows” section within Integrations
- Select the desired flow from the available options or create a new flow to meet your requirements. You can create a new flow by clicking on the
Create New Flow+Button
- To create a new flow:
- Enter the flow name and description
- Select the flow type from the dropdown
- Inbound Flow - based on third party events(eg: Zuora), actions are triggered in Togai
- Outbound Flow - based on events occurring in Togai, changes are made to the connected third party app
- Define triggers by choosing the source application from where the flow starts
- Select a predefined trigger from the dropdown list
- Next, define an action which makes the desired changes by selecting the destination app
- Select a predefined action from the dropdown list. You can add multiple actions.
- Lastly, preview the flow and save changes
Else, choose an existing flow and select
Configure the triggers and actions by specifying the app instance (Zuora or Togai) associated with each step.
Now, when a new customer is added in Togai, it is synced in Zuora as well. To refer to customers in Zuora or Togai, you can obtain the customer ID and account ID. In Togai, go to Customers, select an account, and find the customer ID and account ID under the
Settings tab. Use these IDs to reference the customer in Zuora, or vice versa.
- Sync customers created from Zuora to Togai
- When a new customer is created in Zuora,
- If a webhook for customer creation exists, Togai listens and automatically creates a corresponding customer in Togai and syncs the customer ID between Togai and Zuora.
- You can see this mapping of IDs in the Settings tab for that customer.
- Sync subscriptions in Zuora to Togai:
- When a Subscription is created in Zuora, the corresponding price plan will be created in Togai
- The price plan will then be associated to the specific account inside Togai. You can see the mapping of customer ID betwee zuora and Togai in the Settings tab of that customer inside Togai
Customer ID and Account ID
To refer to customers in Zuora or Togai, you can obtain the customer ID and account ID.
- In Togai, go to Customers, select an account, and find the customer ID and account ID under Settings.
- Use these IDs to reference the customer in Zuora, or vice versa.
By following this API guide, you can leverage the Togai and Zuora Integration to automate processes, save time on manual tasks, and ensure seamless data synchronization.